Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday-there's a hush all over the group............

Morning, morning.
Headed out to the nursery and try to slap away some of this laziness I have been infected with of late. I have some seed on the germination shelf I need to check, probably some watering to do, and more seed to plant. I also need to make a few phone calls. The sun is shining and it's supposed to warm on up a bit today.

We met with a young man, his wife and 17 month old son to interview him as a possible pastor. We came away very impressed with him, his beliefs and his personality. Of course, any of us can present a pleasing front when our livlihood hangs in the balance. However, I am a firm believer in getting a 'feel' for a person. When I first met our former pastor, I wasn't impressed with his manner of speaking. He spoke insincerely from the start. I tried to tell myself that possibly it was just the way he spoke, or nerves or something...but as it turns out, I truly believe he was not sincere.

We are setting up a meeting with another young preacher on Thursday and we have one more we would like to meet with before we make a decision. As we went through the resumes we picked out our top 3. Remarkably, we all had the same idea..so we are meeting them.

We had one of our committee members to resign. A young man with 2 boys. His reason for resigning was because he and his family were considering attending another church where there were activities for his children. Sad thing is, we almost begged this young man to help with the RA boys on Wednesday night (RA+Royal Ambassadors) and is a church related program similar to Boy Scouts. This young man refused again and again.

Tonight is Al-Anon and hopefully I will be there as will Jan. We haven't seen each other in person in so long we might have to introduce ourselves.



--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: