Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday

I have long believed that each of us are given that precise thing which will mold us, teach us, help us look within and become better people. I've also believe that God would never give me that which I could not handle. He knew I could handle younguns. He also knew I couldn't handle physical pain or a drunk, cheating husband...back then anyway. Today, some days I feel that I could handle anything! Other days...not so much. :)

Since I can't be as active at work as I used to be, I sit on the stationary bicycle and pedal until I run out of breath. It's very disappointing that this only takes 3 minutes! I could cry! But I don't.

I worked today in #3, and I know that means shit to you, but anyway, it's one of the greenhouse. BJ helped me and we cleaned, weeded, fertilized and pruned plants in little 4 inch pots, baskets and 6" pots. In that house there are 3 citrus trees, 2 grapefruit and a lemon I think...all in full bloom; add to that the pollen, dust, mold, etc that we stirred up making the plants neat and by noon I could barely talk due to lack of breath. I took an extra treatment and got out of there, went and got a hair cut, and am better now. We have a little more to do to have it ready to start growing for spring. Then I will start moving up the baby cabbage, collard, broccoli and such into their selling packs.

I also had a good friend/customer stopped today and find out if I would have tomato plants this spring. He buys a lot and wants to buy from us. He kept saying that he knew he irritated me stopping by so often and I kept assuring him that this wasn't the case. He found out I hadn't had any collards this winter, so he drives home, which is in town and comes back an hour or so later with me a huge mess of collards. I will wash them and cook them tomorrow.


--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: