Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, 1/19/12

Evening world.
Had quite a productive day for me beginning with a trip to town to pick up V8 for the stew, might as well get some flour and yeast there so I can make homemade bread. Seems a few on the hill appreciate the effort it takes to toss those ingredients into the bread machine and let her rip!

Got to town and couldn't decide if I wanted to change my car insurance from full to liability, so I decided to think on it a bit more. I had the money to pay the land taxes but sure hated to walk into the courthouse with 1300 in cash, so decided to deposit it into the business account. Besides, I would never remember to include it in next years tax stuff if i didn't write a check for it so it would show up in QB. So did that but first I ran through the drive through at Citizens to deposit Terry's paycheck.

Picked up the stuff at the grocery and headed home. Stopped by Ronnie's to leave him the resumes since he wasn't at church Wednesday night. I had met Terry as I left for town, and then met him on my way home. They were hauling gravel, probably putting in some culverts that had washed away during the torrential rains we had Monday/Tuesday.

Got home, assembled the stew, started the bread and the phone rings. Ana doesn't feel well so can I come get her. Finish my job, head out and just as I pull out on the highway, who do I meet but Terry. I said to self, he will be calling in just a minute and sure enuff, my phone went to ringing. He wondered if I had taken up road packing as a new career.

Back home to fiddle on the computer a while after opening up the greenhouse doors. CJ and BJ comes in, we load the dresser out of the spare room for them to use, after unloading it at Stacie's, BJ brings the freezer down they will use when they get a place of their own, then he and I dig out the stationary bike from the shed, clean it up, put in batteries and get it to working. I take down the curtains in the spare room wash them, clean the window inside and out and while I'm at it, I clean the dining room one.

And sleeps most of the day. I think she's having anxiety. She and the girls at school are always arguing, creating drama, doing what teens do. It's rough trying to grow up these days. Text messages and FB makes it so easy to hurt each other. Ughhh.

The crew comes down for supper and when we tease Stacie about the noise she and her boyfriend made last night, she gets all huffy and stomps out of the house and up the hill. Something strange is going on here. From time to time she will get into this mode of appearing to act coy, cocking her head to the right or left and letting it lean toward her shoulder and attempt to look something she isn't...sexy, cute, precious, coy, I don't know. She doesn't do this all the time. I thought she was doing it last night because of her boyfriend and I said something to her about it. But she was doing it again tonight and he wasn't here.

I don't know. I worry about her to some degree. She has some serious issues and I can't fix them and she doesn't seem to want to fix them.

--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: