Wednesday, July 27, 2011

H mmm are we upset or what?

-I criticize those around me and focus on their faults or bad behavior, the reason I criticize is usually because I had expectations of other types of behavior or actions or words.....in talking about their faults, criticizing them I find myself feeling somewhat sorry for myself because I HAVE to put up with such behavior; I thought they would do such and such, BUT look, I HAD to do it myself...yep, I'd say that put me in the victim role.

Prime example, maybe anyway--
My son and his woman, her 19 year old learning disabled son and 15 year old daughter live in my shed. They can't even pay their own electric bill, I pay it for her helping me at the nursery. Yet they can buy a horse for 200.00 which they have no pen for, instead they take nylon string and run it from tree to tree to form a pen of sorts. The horse will not stay behind the nylon string. She gets out, repeatedly.

I told them from the get go that any problems and the horse has to go. So today, after 4 days not counting today of the horse getting out I say, something has to be done about the horse.
My son calls from La. where he is helping his woman clean up her house to prepare it for rentors and screams at me that part of this land belongs to him--(not yet it doesn't) and I might as well sell the greenhouses and the land because he is so gone from here. All of this is said with GD's and MF's sprinkled throughout.

Hmm, I simply stated that I wouldn't be threatened or forced into doing anything nor spoken to that way and hung up on him. I want to feel a bit sorry for myself and should I focus on their irresponsible behavior of buying a horse when they can't afford a pot to piss in then I probably would. If I allow myself to think about how sic I am and how he only thinks of himself, then yes I would feel sorry for myself and put myself in the victim role.  Instead I keep telling myself this is what addicts do, I have choices--I can set my boundaries and move forward with my own life or I can let his actions ruin my day. When I take the time to reason these things out, I sometimes find them amusing. I called him back to clarify what he said but he wouldn't speak to me. His woman acts as though she doesn't know what is going on..yeah, she is always up his butt. So, I just told her to pass along the message to my son that unless he could leave the cussing and ranting in La, he best go to bed when he came home because I wouldn't tolerate such behavior. I told her I loved them and got off the phone.


--
In three words I can sum up everything
I've learned about life:
It goes on.
--Robert Frost

No comments: