Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wasp stings

This morning I stepped outside with my coffee--Ana was down here already and said that Shandi had to go back in the house to take a pill bottle back. Ana had her medicine and Shandi thought she didn't have any pills down here, and had picked up Stacie's bottle of meds, so she went back in their house to put it up. Anyway, I stepped outside and heard this awful noise. I listened again, thinking what in the world is that. I finally deduced it was a youngun screaming. I ran in, asked Ana if Shandi had made it down and she said no. I ran out again this time on the patio so I could see up the hill to Stacies and I saw Shan standing in the front yard screaming her head off. All I could think of was a snake or a bad dog or wild animal was there although I couldn't see anything but Shan and the cats. I took off running up the hill and hollering asking her what was wrong. She would yell back what SOUNDED like "I watched TV" , so I'm thinking, did she think she was late for the bus? I asked again and she said what sounded like the same thing, so I think, maybe she said a rock in the tv and I thought, Oh no, she threw a rock into Stacie's tv and broke it. (She is prone to total meltdowns when she becomes frustrated) So I'm running as best I can, with COPD that isn't easy, and finally I get to her. What happened now, hon, I asked her. A wasp stung me.

OMG--I thought, what if she's allergic, at least it isn't a rock in Stacie's tv who can't afford to replace it right now, let me see how bad this is. Sure enough, something stung her on the back of the leg. I brought her on down and put some bleach on it, found some tobacco from a cig butt and wet it and put it on there. Tobacco is great for pulling the poison from a sting like that. She finally calmed down and got ok although when she walked out to the bus she was limping like her leg would fall off. It hadn't started swelling bad so I think she'll be ok.

No comments: