Thursday, August 20, 2009

F you

I have spent the past 3 hours reading about getting a child help in school. There is so much information out there and sometimes I feel my brain is so small.

It is 9:50 and I just received a phone call from Robby.
It was short, but it wasn't sweet.
He said he needed a place to stay because some crack heads had moved in next door and he'd been sitting there watching them smoke crack and was beginning to want to smoke crack. He said he couldn't stay there.

I said, I'm sorry, but you can't stay here either.

He said, F*** you and hung up.

As a mother, a southern mother no less and as a Christian, the natural instinct is to help anyone who needs helps, most of all your own child. I do not want him to smoke crack. However, his staying here would not prevent him from smoking crack because when he was here the last time, he smoked the stuff. If he does not want to be tempted, he should not sit there and watch them smoke. He is responsible for his own actions. I am not responsible for them or for providing him a place to stay.

You are a smart woman and I'm sure you've figured out that I am simply affirming to myself that I did what was right and that I am not a mean, hateful person for saying no to a temped drug addict.

Terry is asleep so I could not share this with him, so you're the lucky person tonight.

No comments: