Thursday, August 27, 2009

Note from teacher

August 26, 2009

I wrote Ms. Patricia a note which stated: I may have to come in for lessons on how you want homework corrections done. I’m not sure I understand what you want us to do. They appear to be already corrected when I look at them. I go over as many of them as I can with her, but given we spend 2 hours alone on homework each evening, and Wednesday is prayer meeting night, our time is limited.

August 27,2009

She wrote back:

Ms. Klara, You do more to ensure Shandi’s success than any family I know. If you ever feel you want to keep her papers an extra night, that is fine with me. Only go over as many as it takes to help her understand why she missed that kind of questions. She deserves play time. She is a very hard working young lady.

P. Boyd



August 27, 2009

Ms. Patricia,

Thank you for that vote of confidence. I do work with her a lot each evening. I realize that your day if full, but I also know if I don’t know things I can’t work with her or share with her mother what is going on. Shandi tells me most everything, but some evenings I am not really clear on exactly what happened due to her inability to always express herself clearly.

Today she was telling me about a problem with Kallie. She said she didn’t want to play with Kallie, she wanted to play with Brittany and it upset Kallie. I can understand that and I want for Shandi to learn to be nice to other children; so what I’m asking is if there is a significant problem going on at school due to Shandi’s inability to interact properly with other children, I need to know about it.

I am very aware from past experiences, that if we don’t monitor her progress carefully, help her in every way we know possible and teach her properly, she will end up being a statistic: drugs, alcohol, school drop out or worse, suicide. I also know I can’t solve her problems, but I can certainly do whatever I can to give her the love, support and guidance she needs and I believe the school will do all they can also.

I’m very grateful she has you for a teacher and I believe that is God’s answer to prayers. With all her problems, I have prayed each year that she get the teacher meant for her for that year. Don’t ever hesitate to let me know how I can further help Shandi.

Thank you

No comments: