Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shandi's Story and progress report

As written:
I hev a pul and we got in it and I had a flude and I got on it and I got aot and I win sid and we woch a move and we go pogorn and I wit to gow a bath and win I get iat the bath and we wit to bed and in the muren we wit at momos haws and we et brdis and thin we with to the gren hos and I got me a greg and thin we wint bak taw the has and we woch a move and I was in ma rum and I plad a gam with ma sistr and I wit to gow to bed and ma mom wit to bed and thin ma sistr wit to bed and in the muren and we wit in the livrum.

Of course punctuation is out of the question for lots of lids her age. I realize that, And like the email that circulates, we can figure out a lot of these words simply because they have a few of the right letters in them.

Her story is and I will punctuate it:
I have a pool. We got in it and I had a floatie. I got on it and got hot. I went inside and we watched a movie. We got popcorn (I couldn't figure that one out for the longest. I went to get a bath and when I got out of the bath we went to bed. In the morning we went at momo's house and we ate breakfast. Then we went to the greenhouse and got me a (drink)??? Then we went back to the house and we watched a movie. I was in mom's room and I played a game with my sister. I went to go to bed, my mom went to bed and then my siter went to bed. In the morning we went in the living room.

The funny thing is this story was supposed to be My favorite Fairy Tale, yet it's her life. The page that was written on had 10 sentences to find the spelling errors in and she made an F on that part. She got none of them correct.

The other story fits the topic, I remember a time I couldn't sleep. She tells about staying up at night to take care of the kitten they raised on a bottle. Kitten was spelled kin and I thought I'd never figure that out until I asked her about it. She had spelling to check on that one too and made 30 on it. She took an open book test on the story they read last week and made 53 on it even though she read the story several times, she wrote down the answers to the questions and we studied it on Thursday nite before the test.

She did have a paper that were reading comprehension questions that she had an 80 on. Her math grades range from 90 to a 38. she has an average of 88 in math, 82 in reading and 30 in English.

No comments: