Sunday, September 18, 2011

UTI, TA and other vowels

Ok, folks, I went to the ER today, got some cipro and am hopefully on the road to recovery. Mark that off the list of things to do.

Got a situation......but then don't I always these days?

Several months ago I discovered that TA allows AnnaD to smoke. TA smokes, and so she lets AnnaD smoke. I found out when the girls came back from the river one day saying that AnnaD had offered to sell one of her cigs to a kid at the river. I spoke to TA about it, she assured me she would not willingly allow AnnaD to smoke and life went on until one evening in the house TA mentioned AnnaD's smoking and I got firm about it. I told her I didn't approve of what she was allowing the child to do--she is 15, maybe 16 since she just had a birthday, yes, her sweet 16th birthday. I told TA that I knew she couldn't stop AnnaD from sneaking and smoking but she could put her foot down and not give them to her. She agreed. But the child still smokes.

Friday I learn that TA had bought AnnaD a frozen daiquiri and AnnaD had taken it up to Stacie's and left it. Then last night as I was reading FB comments AnnaD had written as her status "sitting here drinking beer and wasting bullets" to which I commented "I sure hope you are joking" and she commented back that she was.

When I came in from church I heard TA and AnnaD coming out of the truck from feeding the horse so I stopped and asked TA if she was going to town in the morning so I could send my prescrip. No, she will go tomorrow evening.
Then I asked about the daiquiri. Yes she bought it for AnnaD, yes she made a mistake, no, she won't do it again.

To which I said, You weren't going to let her smoke but I bet you do. You should know if I don't approve of the child smoking I don't approve of her drinking and you do know that you and she can get in trouble for that.....that is contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Yes, yes, she knew all that, she made a mistake, she was listening, she wouldn't do it again.

I asked why do it in the first place? Was she so concerned about her child liking living up here that she would allow her to act as an adult; was she so afraid her daughter wouldn't love her? Was she wanting to just throw her child to the wolves? The answer to those questions was no of course.

Terry is very upset about her buying AnnaD the alcohol. I am too and plan to remind her tomorrow that if she continues to do such illegal things that she will be reported and will have to move because while I can't control what adults do on property that even though it's mine, they pay their bills, I can and do have a say when a minor is involved and I won't knowingly allow any adult, parent or otherwise to buy and give beer/alcohol or cigarettes to a minor.


--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: