Thursday, September 8, 2011

A day from you know where

My day began with the best of intentions. I was going to water the outside stuff, this after spending 45 minutes standing up all the bushes the wind had blown over over the weekend. I know, I know, it's Thursday already, but it didn't stop raining until late Monday and I haven't taken the time to stand them up. But I did this morning.

As I had just begun watering Dan Alford drove up. Now Dan is the stand in supervisor, the Sunday School Director and an overall fairly decent man, just with a few quirks. He's hard to understand and hard headed...he didn't leave till almost. He left when a customer drove up, and the customer was a neighbor of his, and bless pat if Dan didn't back into his truck while leaving. He dented the fender, but the man said to not worry about it.

Then the phone rings and it's BJ and i talk to him then to CJ. She sounds so good, speaking more clearly every day and it looking forward to coming home. She told me that she couldn't think of any better therapy than watering plants. I could shout hallejuhah over her recovery. Prayer works, people.

I get off the phone with her and Stacie calls. She and TA are in La. picking up checks and the school had called, Dylan had a nose bleed, could I run him a Benadryl down there. So I close the front door and off I go, meeting the UPS man as I turn in to the school--he stops and I stop, I collect my phones, run on and leave the pill at school and head back home. Of course AT&T has full service all this time, after forcing me, as much as telling me I may as well change carriers, I have service. Oh, I could cuss!!!

So, on the phone I go to activate them. First I have to figure out how to get the batteries in them, then we have to do the password for the wireless account and they need a wireless account number but there isn't one, so finally after over an hour, all phones are activated except for mine. I have to call ATT and cancel the ringmaster from my land line before that number can port over to the cell phone. When I called it would be over an hour wait, I had a pastor search meeting at 1, it was 12:30 so I had to run.


I went to the meeting, returned around 3:30, called ATT again and left my number for a call back.  I had to wait an hour for that call to be returned, then the girls were all pissy with each other. Anna D and Casey were saying Ana had an attitude and was saying she was going to starve herself to death. I went up to Stacie's to see what was going on, found Ana in tears because Casey had come in and yelled at her; so down the hill we go and I found them all at TA's, probably complaining about me and I had my say to all of them, including TA. I told them that every day it was either Ana this or Casey that or AnnaD the other and I was tired of it. I was also tired of everything being laughed off if it had to do with AnnaD but if it was Ana or Casey it was a huge horrid deal to TA--she denied it of course, then I pointed out how she laughed when I told her that Shandi said James was making out with one of Casey's friends in front of Shandi and Dylan--making out as in kissing was all Shandi said. I didn't think it was right but when i told TA, she laughed, but guarantee if it had been Ana, she would have wanted to commit her to a rehab center. In other words, I threw a hissy fit and told 'em all I was tired of all the bickering and running to me. I had spent the entire day either listening to some fool talk, or answering the phone or trying to activate their stupid phones and they had phones but I didn't, then having meetings and had to come home to Ana has a bad attitude...well, you want a bad attitude, I have one so deal with it.

Then I told 'em all that as close as CJ came to dying they should all be grateful to be alive, to have mothers, grandmothers, and whatevers who cared about them and stop arguing.

Whew...I feel even better than when i said it to them. LOL...see you are the lucky one now.
TA jumped in and said she screwed up this weekend and she really hated that she did that and I didn't remind her that she says that every time she screws up but she goes right on and does what she pleases anyway...so she must enjoy feeling bad about herself.

Then a customer came by with the check for , I think, rent on 10 ferns which need to delivered tomorrow evening to Ttown, I need to do church work, figure out where the mistake is that is keeping the checkbook from balancing, start on the financial statement and pay bills. Whew, I am dizzy just typing out my day. I'm tired.

But one thing went our way this way other than CJ improving--our friend James was nominated and elected chairman of the deacons. We didn't want anyone but him in that position. Yeah!!!!!


--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: