Monday, July 27, 2009

Yeast Infections

I told the doc about my 2 rounds of Monistat and still itching. He looks and says I must have had enough yeast to start a bakery, cause I still got yeast.
Must be bad--he gave me 10 Diflucan to take 1 twice daily for 5 days. A friend said she had never heard of taking it that many days, nor twice a day. I told her I was a stubborn soul.

And just to be on the safe side, he took a culture to see if it grows anything different.
Who knows--there may be the next world epidemic growing up in the dark recesses of that place. *ROFLMAO

Seriously though, he said he would call if my culture grew anything. We discussed the benefits of eating yogurt, possibly stop taking my hormone--*yikes*

So I ask him what about the emotional side effects of NO hormone. I assured him that I do talk to myself about this being menopause, blah, blah, blah--but when you live with Terry Reid, run a business and have Stacie and 2 grands around all the time...well, sometimes you just want to pinch a head a two.

He laughed and said that was more than just hormones!!!!!

He mentioned if the emotional aspect of no hormones got to me too bad, he'd put me on an anti-depressant.

But doc, we've already proven that I can't take those; so I guess I'm just s.o.l. He did say I could try my half a xanax if things got too bad and if I got too dry for sex, then he'd prescribe me some estrogen cream.

Uh, doc, what's the diff in estrogen cream and taking estrogen by mouth????

So I don't know what I'll do about the hormone. It's possible that it isn't the hormone, but do I want to take it and run the risk of getting this mess again?

What to do?
I don't know.

No comments: