Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Robby

Paula, Robby's gf called crying. They had borrowed a tv that was my former neighbors, who is now dead. She wanted to know if she could keep it because Robby was leaving and was going to take the tv. I said, yes you can keep the tv, Robby has no to haul it, nowhere to put it. Besides, where is he going?

She thought he was going to come to Bob's, my friend who lives less than 2 miles from me. I said, NO, not if I can help it. After we got off the phone, I thought about calling Robby but then thought, no, don't create a crisis, but don't prevent one either. Within 5 minutes Bob called me. He saw where Robby had left a message and wondered if I knew what it was about. I told him.

*here I shout halleujah* Bob says, "Well I already have a house guest, so I don't have room for him"

Thank you HP, Thank you!!!

Now, where I am is here--I don't worry what will happen to him because he's a male and can survive better than a female. I also know that Robby throws these fits about once a month and most of the time he gets over them. Hopefully, or not, he won't end up in jail from disturbing the peace. If he leaves, I predict/expect that it won't be long before he is on the hard drugs, if he hasn't already started since he's showing his behind.

Where I falter is here--should Robby come out, face to face and ask if he could stay, and spin me a yarn a mile and half long, I'd have a hard time saying no. That is where I HAVE to project, I have to have in my mind a game plan should this event take place. I have to have formulated in my mind what I will say, how I will say it and already be prepared for the fall out from my decision. Caught off guard, I don't do well. I know this about myself and try my best to use the "let me think about it" ploy to gain me some time; but sometimes I forget.

No comments: