Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mother in Law

My mother in law is undergoing emergency surgery right now.

She was sick with bronchitis last week. Monday she began to hurt in her chest and back, so was taken to the ER. They did EKG's which all turned out fine, but admitted her for observation.

She became paralyzed from the waist down sometimes today after 10, when Terry spoke with her.

I had spoken with Brenda and Beth around 5 and they said that once the docs did this battery of tests they were moving her into ICU due to the paralysis; then the call came about the surgery which leads me to believe that the tests showed them the problem.

Judy said that she had blood in the spleen.

I looked up blood in spleen, but it wasn't very informative. She's had 5 or 6 back surgeries through the years. The last time they put rods in her back; then had to go in and take them out for some reason.

I must admit that I'm not really knowledgeable on the reason for that because mother is one of those who constantly tells you about the latest ailment she has; over and over and over and over........
She's the type that if you have a headache, she has to tell you about the killer headache, backache, arm ache, butt ache she had when she was 3. :D

But on a more compassionate/touching note--when we sat down for supper Ana says--I'm not eating until we say a prayer.
I asked if she was going to do the praying.
No, she says, you are momo.
I asked what were we praying for and she replied, grandmommy.

She wanted us to hold hands--so we held hands and I prayed for grandmommy. It truly blessed me that the child initiated the prayer request-most kids don't think of that.

Just remember her in your prayers, as well as the girls and Terry.
love,
Klara

No comments: