Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday's chores

LOL......Ana doesn't think adults have chores.

My day started at actually 6:45 when Ana walks in, but I went to the nursery at 7:30. I started the process of merging the addresses for the ala-talk; a chore that always takes me a while since I can never remember exactly how I did it before. Finally I had that done, labels printed and put on 138 newsletters.

Next, it was figure out, yet again, how I print the newsletter to PDF/without purchasing that part of the PDF thingy. Finally, that's done and the newsletter is sent to those who request it via email.

All this time, constant interruptions by dear hubby asking questions I don't have answers for!!!

By now it's almost 10--yes, it took from 7:30-10:00 to get that small chore done; given the many interruptions I had.

I have to potty, grab purse and head to McComb for a Medicaid recertification for the girls. That appt. is at 10:45. It takes a good 35 minutes, sometimes longer to drive to McComb. I left at 10 and arrived over there at the office at 10:35 in spite of getting behind some slow traffic.

30-45 minutes in there taking care of that; out the door, by one bank who apparently doesn't allow walk ins and I needed my check cashed for the newsletter and stamps. By WalMart to return Stacie's license which I had to have; on to another bank to cash the check. From there, off to the post office to buy the stamps, out to car to stamp the newsletters, back into the post office to deposit them--whew, done. By McD's for a Big Mac, home, eat lunch, water house #2, answer phone, talk to customers...Terry decided to go eat supper with his mom, so he left at 2--customers still here when girls come in from school. Finally customers are gone and I start planting some 4" million bells.....did the plum, yellow, sunrise, rose star and tropical punch. Also got most of those moved into the house they go in---went to water them in and the hose wouldn't work.

Oh yes, Terry said he had to replace that hose--but he hasn't. I may have to do that tomorrow.

All this time when I take a break, I'm resending that email newsletter to one member who is having email problems. I think she finally got her email fixed.....the newsletter didn't come back, but my email to her did. Go figure!!!!!!

Then it's almost 6 and I have no customers. Stacie picks up the girls, we take care of the paper giving me the right to stand in her place today, fax it to medicaid, she leaves and so do I.

Whew-- I think it might be close to time for some supper. The weather is thundering off in the distance....so I expect we'll have some rough weather. I hope we escape serious damage though. Small towns and areas surrounding us were hit hard in the wee hours of the morning..one small town almost whiped out from a cat 4 storm/tornado.

God just keep us all safe.

Klara

No comments: