Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuesday's work

Yes, this time of year I'm quite tired. Yesterday I started at 8 planting some baskets. I have a basket type tomato and I also do the upside down tomato in a basket with leaf lettuce planted on top. I had the baskets mostly ready when Kokomo Head Start came for their field trip--which I had prepared for by filling a couple of flats of 4" and wetting it as we were planting carrot seeds for them. So there was an hour spent with children while Terry waited on customers.

They left and I got back to the basket job....amid customers. Then I started on a tray of tomato plants, planting them into their selling packs. This tray had 288 plants and before I got half of them planted Garner, from Garner produce in Foxworth came. He's an older man and we have to help him but he carts away 2-300 dollars worth of stuff to sell over at the produce stand.
Before he was loaded and gone another one of my wholesale customers came and we pulled and loaded 23 flats of bedding and 15 hanging baskets for him--that was all his truck would hold.
Plus taking care of the retail customers. Terry finally took off to finish the tray of tomatoes I had started while I put the girls to watering as I still had customers... ....thankfully neither of them had homework.
I finished the day off by cleaning up the flats of Vinca. Vinca is hard to grow period until it get super hot and dry, so in the cell packs we're prone to lose a number of plants. Someone has to go through and make sure all 3 cells has a plant. Then we had that after 6 customer after we had showered and were ready to leave. :)

No comments: