Monday, April 20, 2009

MIL, nephews, neices and granddaughter

Mother is holding her own. She still can't move her feet or legs; her veins are collasping and they had to put her drip in her chest. Brenda says her toes moved twice this morning, but the doc says they didn't. Her blood pressure keeps dropping really low too.

On Friday evening, Colby, the 6 year old nephew; Judy's grandson, climbed up in the closet, got the bb gun and shot his 18 year old sister. The BB lodged in her gum or tongue--Terry didn't understand which. They spent most of the night in the ER getting it removed. Colby is ADHD and very uncontrollable. It doesn't help that the parents allow him to get by with all his shenanigens. Correction is not in their vocabulary, other than to say--Colby, please don't do that.

Shandi has been feeling poorly all weekend due to constipation. She has the worst time with that, in spite of the things we do to help her. We make sure she drinks juices, we give her Miralax, she doesn't eat a lot of junk; but still she has a sluggish bowel.

In spite of feeling bad, we took her out to eat at Olive Garden for her birthday. We had a great time. We had them bring her a small cake and sing Happy Birthday to her which just thrilled her a lot. Robby and Paula were out so they rode with us. We really enjoyed spending the time with them. Robby worked on trimming my Red Tips back and got them all trimmed except 3, which he'll get the next time he's out. They had gotten so tall they looked bad.

I go back to the doc tomorrow. I'm still coughing a lot and still have infection. I certainly don't need this to turn into pneumonia, so it's back for more medication.

On Wednesday of last week, when Terry left going to the coast, he stopped by the church to let the preacher know about his mom. The preacher got his cell phone number so he could call and check on mother. The next morning I called to report in. The preacher was gone to be with a member delivering a baby, so I gave the report to his wife. She also took our home phone number and Terry's cell phone number. However, the preacher never called Terry or me to check further on Mother.

Terry asked me about it when he came in Friday night, so I knew it bothered him.

Sunday when I went to church, the preacher was standing by the side door, as he always is, greeting folks as we come in. He spoke, then asked about Mother. I told him then said, "Terry was hurt that you didnt' call him to check on his mom."

The preacher turned his head, wouldn't even look at me and said, "Well, it's been a rough week. Lots going on."

I agreed that it had, indeed been a rough week.

He then says," Please tell Terry how sorry I am."

I replied, "I think it best that you tell him that yourself." With that, I walked on in the church.

The dude simply doesn't like me, since I disagreed with him about a gay person. He's been cold and distant toward me ever since. Then when Terry told one of the deacon's that they didn't have the balls to stand up to the preacher, he got even more cold and distant. I guess that's something that is between him and God, though. I just refuse to bite my tongue when he goes around acting like and preaching as though he never does a thing wrong, he's always right and we're the ones who are such sinners.

No comments: