Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shandi news

Got the results back from Shandi's evaluation. The psycholigist didn't find much difference in the testing this time than he found 4 years ago. She still tests on the high end of mild retardation and the low end of borderline.
The main difference was that he found her to be Predominently inattentive......so she's ADHD-IP rather than simply ADHD. She still has Defient Disorder, Social Skills are lacking--*I try, but can only do so much*

He did recommend special help in her academics......yeaRah.!!!
This means he at least read my list of things I needed him to focus on.
I had also sent him copies of some of her class room work.

But--this whole 9 weeks the teacher has been working one on one with Shandi. They got report cards today and she had all A's. Her reading A's had a star by them and on the bottom the teacher had written *with special assistence*
She --the teacher--also marked that she was below grade level.

I went yesterday and talked with the director of elementary special ed, one on one, and handed her a copy of Shandi's eval. My next move is to make an appointment with Supt. of Ed and talk with him. I have lots of questions to ask concerning the plans he has for our school district.

No comments: