Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And so are the days of our lives

Tonight as I was leaving for my meeting, son texted me. Seems he was having to make some difficult choices and didn't want to hurt anyone in the process of making them.

Well, curious, I asked what kind of choices he had to make.
Seems that Paula--a girlfriend from his late teen years, and Page, his current ex-wife and the mother of his daughter both want him.
Hmm.
I talk with Paula several times a week. She says she won't put up with bull from Robby. But I know how that goes. True, Paula is much more mature and settled in what she will put up with and what she won't--but she's in the process of a divorce. Her husband was cheating on her, so she's vulnerable. Robby is good at playing on vulnerabilty.
Page--she's had at least one lover since divorcing Robby. Seems she kicked that one to the curb for cheating on her. She had sent Robby a text saying she was lonely and he could come live with her.

Well, I am powerless over his returning to Ms. I don't have to be the one to go bring him into the state though, and more specifically into our county.

I can't make his choices for him, nor do I wish to make them. I can only put it in God's hands and let God take care of it.

Shandi went to school today and managed to stay the whole day, even though she admitted to laying her head on her desk and taking a nap.
Tomorrow we go see the new pediatrician.

No comments: