Friday, February 3, 2012

Just this and that

Rather excited tonight. I've been working with a new accounting program for the church finances. I found it free on the internet, called ChurchTrac 8, and I can use it free of charge up to the first 100 names in the database. After that it starts and 79.99 depending on how many names you want in it. It will do a budget, a budget comparison, I can do the contributions in it...it just seems cool and easy to use. It also lays the info out there for a church rather than a business.

I'm excited about the young man we interviewed in our search for a pastor. It really impressed me that he wants to pastor and love the community rather than the church. He is so likeable. I'm praying the Lord works all this out and if he's the man for our church, everything falls into place.

I'm also moved deeply by the people who sincerely care about me. Terry put my name on the prayer board Wednesday night as I go back to the pulmonary on Monday. Jerry P and Tommy along with a few others prayed specifically for me and that meant so much to me. We are such a close bunch of people over there and I am so fortunate to be a part of that.

Ana and I ran to Teresa's tonight for something to eat. Ms. Lesbee S and Mr. Hicks were there. As we waited on our food, Ms. L commented on our losing so many of our people. I said yes we are. She then told me about having been in that situation in her church too and assuring me that it would be ok, it always is. She's such a lady. :)

No comments: