Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday's moves

Before coming to work TA and I put about 3 trays of sliced tomatoes on the dehydrator. I sprinkled them with salt and fresh herbs and intend to seek out a method of preserving them in oil like the sun dried tomatoes we buy in the store.

Then it was TA to work and I went with Stacie to the doctor. We had a productive visit with Dr. Speed, Stacie getting some much needed medication. Then a bite of breakfast at the local McDonalds where the girl checking us out knew her stuff when I ordered a sausage McGriddle/sub bacon. As we discussed that a lady came around the corner from the back and informed my waitress that unless I was 62 I didn't qualify for senior citizen discount. The waitress and I both looked at her like she had lost her mind and informed her that was not what we were discussing. Needless to say, I got my coke at the discount and now I want to be 62; a coke is .35 with the senior citizen discount.

Then we went to the dollar store to fill Stacie's meds and shopped a bit, home, watering and such. When Shandi came in from summer school she brought a letter stating she had live lice, so treat her before sending her back. We began to check all the heads of all the girls--Ana, Anna D, Casey, Shandi, Stacie, TA and myself...all young girls had them; no over 18 had them. I had two bottles of RID and TA went to the house and began treating heads while Stacie went to town to get more...guess what, T-town had none. I had her pick up some cat shampoo with pyrethrim in it and some spray of the same and the rest of us used that last night until I get into Walmart tonight to get the real stuff.

My doctor's office called yesterday to let me know they were waiting on a call from another doctor to advise on medication for my particular bacteria.

Today, James & TA took potatoes to the Farmer's Market and Stacie rode with them to take the bed clothes to the laundry mat to wash them up in the larger washers. Lordy, there is always something going on here.

No comments: