Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sat. Dec. 5, 2009

What a fall. First we lost over half our pansies, snaps and ornamental cabbage and kale. Next, we had two churchs that usually buy poinsettias have different women on the committee for that, so they aren’t buying from us.

Last and definitely not least, our own church has a woman in it who will stab you in the back hard and fast. 2 weeks ago she asked me about the price of poinsettias and said they would want probably 20. Last Sunday she announced that she and one of the members on the flower committee, the same committee I am on, had decided to let each person that wanted a poinsettia buy their own. They could buy them at our place and named the price I gave her, 7.50, for plant, speed cover and tax. No, I was not consulted regarding this new decision.

Today, I find that she has gone to a nursery in the next county, a friend of mine, a nursery that buys from us wholesale and bought 16 poinsettias and placed them in the church. When her husband was asked he said they bought them from Speights because the Speights bought gas from him. He is a gas delivery man for the same gas company I buy my gas from—he just isn’t my driver and won’t ever be my driver.

Some of the other people who don’t agree with this one lady, had called to order their poinsettia, so Terry and I take them over to the church this evening. Because this lady was so back stabbing in what she did, she not only hurt us, embarrassed us, but also made the whole church look tacky because the reds of the poinsettias are different and the color of the speed cover is a different green. She had hers all tucked inside some garland around the table in front of the pulpit, there was no where left to place the ones ordered from me except on the railing going upon the rostum.

I simply can’t understand how people can sleep at night knowing that have hurt church members like that, knowing they have not supported church members. She is the very one who announced that poinsettias could be bought from me, then goes elsewhere to buy hers and some for another lady.

I am just thoroughly disgusted, hurt, angry, embarrassed and sad

No comments: