Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This crazy life

And that ocean front property in Arizona looks better all the time--
Friday we're sitting around the kitchen bar and CJ's phone rings. It's her husband BJ and I hear, "and don't come home". " Do that you stay over there." Various other statements were made leading me to believe he was telling her he was going to do something married men shouldn't do while away from home supposedly working.

Being the mouthy old woman I am, I say very loudly, "BJ, shame on you."

He then crawfishs, saying he was only teasing. I go on and don't think about it again.

Until, I'm sitting at the church on Saturday night eating our dessert after playing dirty Santa. Text message comes in from CJ saying, "Just so you know, a friend of mine is letting me ride with him to Texas to see BJ. I put gas in the truck for Stacie to bring me to Columbia. I love you and I will be home Monday."
Ok
Deed is done, what can I do?
She goes on to say that Stacie has the kids covered.

Sunday comes and goes with no problem.

Monday Stacie takes all the kids to counseling after school. CJ is supposed to be in some time Monday, Stacie has heard from her, but she isn't close yet.

I go to WMU, when I come in around 9, still nothing from CJ.

Tuesday morning Stacie and I leave right after the bus going to Hattiesburg for a psych eval. She has heard from CJ, she and her friend are mad at Stacie because Stacie won't ride to Jackson at midnight and pick CJ up. Last word is the friend will bring CJ home.

By the time we get to Hattiesburg, the friend is bringing her to Hattiesburg. We go to the evaluation, and decide we will check out a new shopping center Stacie has not been in while we wait on CJ. We have about 4 hours to kill before an appointment in Tylertown, an hour away. CJ is to meet us in Hattiesburg within the hour.

Stacie and I have a ball in Pet Smart, Shoe Station and a Ross store, I think it was. We didn't spend much. I bought a spoon rest for a friend of mine for a small Christmas happy. We leave one store and start toward the car and there is CJ, looking a lot worse for wear. By now it's time to leave heading to T-town.
I hear her say she learned to not drink and take her meds.
She ought to know better. She's on all sorts of depression/anxiety/pain,neuropathy type meds and she goes and drinks???

Oh well.
I had looked forward to a day in H'burg just loafing around but I didn't get it. Maybe next time.

CJ sleeps on the way to town, drags out to eat a burger before going to the doctor's office.

Stacie is seeing one of the new doctors in our clinic, since our doctor, Keith Speed is leaving in January to teach. Dr. Kyzer comes in,  a short, stocky man, long beard, neat cane, and a pair of five finger shoes on...coolest thing in the world. He spoke softly and slowly and did a very detailed exam of Stacie.He thinks she might have a bit of a thyroid problem and drew blood to check that out.

Then home.............after a haircut of course.



--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: