Friday, December 26, 2008

visitation saga

Visitation Saga
I have spent the better part of the evening on the phone with Roy..the girl's father.
We got home from town around 2:30 and by 4:00 he was texting about getting them. Finally he called and insisted on talking with Ana, who was begging to not have to talk with him; but Stacie handed her the phone anyway.

He asked her why she didn't want to come. She told him it was the snake. Then he said some more stuff, and she started crying. She kept repeating that the snake scared her when Johnny took it out of the cage and tried to put it on her. I couldn't hear all the conversation from his end, of course, but he gave her until 6 this evening to decide if she would come for the weekend or not.

Then he gets on the phone with Stacie and starts accusing her of bringing up all these excuses for the girls to not go. She calmly told him it wasn't her; she wanted them to spend time with him. It was the girls themselves who didn't enjoy going because of the snake and various other things that went on down there.

Finally, Roy got to yelling so Stacie hung up.

In the meantime Ana and Shandi tell us that daddy and the boys walk around in their boxer shorts all the time, with no pants on over them.

Then the phone rings again and I answer it. He wants to ask my opinion, tells me he's tried talking nicely to Stacie but she keeps hanging up. I reminded him of the message on the answering machine filled with the f word. He claimed she made him so mad he lost his temper.

I asked him about the boxer shorts, and asked if he didn't think it would be more appropriate to cover themselves in the presence of young girls. He said they had always done that, in fact, his wife only wore a panties and a t-shirt in the house. I said it's fine for ya'll, if that's what you want to do, but men should be decent in front of girls.

We talked about the snake, the bugs, the cussing...everything. He kept saying it was Stacie who was pulling these excuses out of the air, and I refuted that each time. He promised me that Johnny would not tease the girls with the snake and they would put clothes on over their boxers if the girls would agree to come. I said I'd talk to them.

So, off the phone and I talk with the girls who agree to go for the weekend. So I call him back to let him, he says well, he can't come get them tonight, he has to pick up Johnny and it would be too late. He will call in the morning and let me know when he will come get them.

Ok....so for 3 days we've been harrassed over this issue and now you are stalling? Gee Roy, I thought you were on your way up here prepared to snatch them and run like hell.

30 minutes later he calls back. stacie answers and I hear her saying.....roy, it's the girls who complain, not me. Then she says, No Roy, you come get them and bring them back Sunday evening. I can't come get them, I have to work. Then he starts yelling about he can't make all those trips up here...a whole distance of maybe 60 miles round trip..so Stacie hangs up.

Another 15 minutes pass and the phone rings again. I answer it. He starts all over again, wanting everyone to be happy, talking about the snake, the boxers, etc. I tell him that we've discussed all this, we cannot solve it until the girls spend the weekend and it is proven to them that they won't be teased by the snake.

Then he tells me that his wife wants to pack up and take her boys away for the weekend so they won't be accused of things while the girls are there. Ok Roy....so what do you want me to do about this? What is the purpose of that? Are you trying to make us feel guilty? It ain't happening. You and Michelle do whatever you feel is right for you. I just don't want the girls harassed with a snake and I'd prefer you cover your undies in their presence.

Finally, he shut up and got off the phone. The girls and Stacie have gone home and I pray that phone doesn't ring again. If it's him, I refuse to answer it.

I did tell him that maybe going to court was the best thing he could do, because then both sides could have their say in front of a judge and the judge could speak to both parties and maybe they would listen.

Anywho--I'm sick and tired of drama tonight. This isn't my idea of Christmas holidays.

ON the up side, the girls had a ball shopping today....they have bling bling of all sorts--sparkly earrings, dangling necklaces, pooches in purses, a diva dog, new clothes to go with the new ones I got them for Christmas. They are happy campers in that department.

No comments: