Monday, December 29, 2008

Guard lizard


This afternoon around 2, Shan came into the nursery for a sandwich. As I made her a PB&J, she informed me that she WAS going to watch tv in my bed, since she couldn't get the TV in the living room to work right.
But, she goes on to tell me, I wanted some peanuts to eat while I watch tv....her papa keeps a can of roasted peanuts by the bed on his side table.

Well, hon, I asked her....you know you can have a peanut.

But....momo, then I saw the lizard on the can of peanuts. He was just laying there looking at me. So --she says, holding her hands up to her mouth and her eyes getting wider and wider--I just backed right out of there without a peanut or watching tv.

Oh ...so you found papa's guard lizard?

Papa's what? she asked.

Papa's guard lizard. It's there to guard his can of peanuts.

Well, he needs to get rid of it, momo. It scared me half to death.

No comments: