Monday, August 27, 2012

Isaac

Well here we sit, the eve of Isaac, almost 7 years to the date from Katrina. I am a bundle of nerves. According to our local weather channel this is what we can expect

Widespread trees/power lines, trees on homes, power outages, 5"-10" of rain:

  • Adams
  • Franklin
  • Lincoln
  • Lawrence
  • Jefferson Davis
  • Covington
  • Walthall
  • Pike
  • Amite
  • Wilkinson

Here are the counties impacted by high winds in the WLBT viewing area:

30-40 mph sustained winds with gusts of 40-50 mph:

  • Adams
  • Copiah
  • Simpson
  • Smith
  • Jefferson
  • Lincoln
  • Lawrence
  • Jefferson Davis
  • Covington
  • Walthall
  • Pike
  • Amite
  • Wilkinson
I am Walthall county. Today I put gas in our two cans, filled up the Mule, made sure the car and truck were filled up with gas. I ran into town and picked up some canned goods and Ana some Easy Mac. I consoladated the food in my two freezers, getting the majority of the most precious items (corn, peas and beans) in the larger freezer in the house. We maybe can keep it charged up with the generator. I don't know about the peanuts and peppers that are in the freezer on the patio and that wouldn't fit in the one freezer. I took the stuff out of the side by freezer, hoping to only have to worry with one freezer, but maybe we can keep the patio freezer going too. *sigh* I just don't know.

I have buckets and containers cleaned and ready to fill with water tomorrow. I will pick up some gallon jugs of water tomorrow too if there are any left, if not I will fill some containers with water for drinking.

They predict this thing to hit New Orleans around 4 tomorrow evening. it is a huge storm, a slow moving storm. I expect we will be without electric so I intend to write daily of the events and what happened so I can journal it once power and internet is restored.

I am a bundle of nerves..did I say that already?

But I know God is in control and He is my Pilot.


--
The only thing that is the end of the world--IS the end of the world

No comments: