Friday, November 18, 2011

Doctor visit 2011, November

I am finally home. We compared--the doctor and I--(hehehe, he showed me and told me what we were looking at) the scan taken last November to the scan taken today. One lesion is gone, but there are several more cropped up on the other side of my lung. He says that is how this thing does. He also said that sometimes one has to worry if what we're seeing is still a lesion from the bacteria or has it developed into something else.

So, because the only treatment that I can hopefully manage is IV, and since it will really interfere with my life, he wants me to come back in 3 months for another scan and comparison. Then we will decide if we want to try the IV treatment or not. Much will depend on how I am functioning also.

He did say that clinically I am no better in fact I am a bit worse and he is disappointed in that. So am I.

However, he warmed my heart when he saw me and said, Ms. Reid, I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering wasn't it about time for you to come see me. I guess having a head butting contest with a doctor will cause him to truly remember you. LOL


--
Character is what we are, not what others think we are.

No comments: